Does My Insurance Company Have to Pay for the Special Equipment on My Vehicle?

Probably not. Most automobile policies only cover items that were permanently installed in your vehicle by the original manufacturer. Specialized equipment such as conversion van upgrades, car phones, stereo systems, etc. probably aren’t covered unless you bought special coverage for more premium.