If you and your insurance company can’t agree on the amount of the physical damage loss to your vehicle, either of you may request an appraisal as explained in your policy. Here is how the appraisal process works:
- You choose and pay for an appraiser to represent you.
- The company will choose and pay for an appraiser to represent them.
- The two appraisers will select a neutral third-party umpire (for whom you and your company split the cost, if necessary).
- Both appraisers will give their estimates of the loss.
- If the appraisers can’t agree, they will submit their differences to the umpire, and a decision by any two of the three is binding.